These spicy homemade white sauce-topped crispy fish tacos with shredded cabbage are wonderful! Slices of lime to squeeze over the prepared pico de gallo should be served.
You may have delicious fish tacos right in your own home! This recipe for beer-battered fish tacos with homemade white sauce, green cabbage, and cilantro will quickly become a staple in your menu plan.
How to Make Fish Tacos
The recipe below includes a complete ingredient list and step-by-step directions, but first, let’s review the fundamentals:
What Goes On Fish Tacos
Fresh cabbage and a handmade white sauce made with yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, jalapenos, capers, cayenne pepper, oregano, cumin, and dill weed are added to these highly regarded fish tacos.
Other options include sliced avocados, onions, cotija cheese, and/or diced tomatoes. You’re free to use any toppings you like! There are no boundaries.
Best Fish for Fish Tacos
We choose cod filets for fish tacos since they are mild and won’t crumble while fried. Other excellent choices include Tilapia, halibut, grouper, mahi mahi, and sea bass. This dish works nicely with any white fish.
How to Make Homemade Fish Tacos
A summary of what to anticipate when preparing this fish taco recipe at home is given below:
- Make the beer batter.
- Make the white sauce.
- Dust the fish in flour, then dip in the batter.
- Fry the fish until golden brown.
- Serve on tortillas with the sauce and cabbage.
What to Serve With Fish Tacos
- Best Black Beans
- Mexican Bean Salad
- Summer Corn Salad
- Best Spanish Train
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- cornstarch, two tablespoons
- one tablespoon of baking powder
- Salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 beer cup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- Capers, minced, 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 12 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- Seafood tacos
- 1 gallon of frying oil
- 1 pound of cod fillets, divided into parts of 2 to 3 ounces
- 2 teaspoons of all-purpose flour, or more if necessary
- 1 package (12 ounces) of corn tortillas
- 12 medium heads of cabbage, shredded finely
- To make the beer batter, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Beer and egg should be well blended in a separate basin before swiftly incorporating into the flour mixture, leaving a few lumps behind.
- Combine mayonnaise and yogurt in a medium bowl to make the white sauce. Add fresh lime juice gradually, stirring until the mixture becomes somewhat runny. Seasonings include jalapenos, capers, cayenne, oregano, cumin, and dill.
- Fish tacos to begin: To 375 degrees Fahrenheit, heat oil in a deep fryer (190 degrees C).
- Fish pieces are lightly dusted with flour. Set aside.
- Then, dip the battered fish pieces in the beer. Set aside.
- Fry till crisp and golden brown in heated oil. On paper towels, drain. Fry tortillas briefly in heated oil until they get very crunchy. On paper towels, drain.
- Put cooked fish in tortillas and top with white sauce, chopped cabbage, and fish.
The whole amount of breading ingredients are included in the nutritional information for this dish. The amount of bread that is eaten will differ. Based on a 10% retention value following cooking, we calculated frying oil’s nutritional value. The precise amount will change depending on the density of the ingredients, cooking time and temperature, and the type of oil used.
Learn more: 11 Spooky Good Halloween Drinks with Vodka